Magnum Staffing is applicants for a Slotting Specialist in Houston, TX for a client to fulfill a position Maximize the availability of inventory for order picking through the creation and maintenance of forward pick locations of optimal size and by ensuring the replenishment planning process is set up to work effectively. Job location is in north Houston area near IAH. Pay starts at $16.50
- Build storage and picking locations for each active new / replenishment item in the DC. Work with receiving team to advance-plan locations for goods coming into the DC.
- Create the Demand Based Replenishment plan (DBR) for daily replenishment picks and the Demand Based Put Away plan for next day’s replenishment picks.
- Optimize slotting locations to allow maximum pick and replenishment productivity and yield and to avoid over-filling of locations.
- Identify replenishment / picking issues / items not picking and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Maintain proper labelling of pick and replen locations consistent with location setup.
- Communicate issues and problems on a timely basis to management team members.
- Proficient in basic Excel, Word, Outlook.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Safe lifting and material handling techniques in the use of common warehouse equipment.
- Work well independently and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Warehouse concepts of inventory controls, product movement, order picking.
- Familiarity with WMS systems and RF device operation.
- Perform basic math computations such as add, subtract, multiply and divide
Please come and apply at our office at 340 N. Sam Houston Pkwy East. Suite 213 Houston, TX 77060